Friday, February 17, 2006

Lady in Waiting

What have I done?

Sold my karma for a gentle caress
Heated afternoons in cool weather
The light, like golden slits through my bedroom
Playing across our legs entwined
So busy was I feeling not thinking;
My need so strong to be loved.

Time does not wait for lovers
Restless bitch that she is
She wears these silver hearts
That were once a part of me,
A part of you,
A part of us all;
Turned from beating, bloody life
To a frozen moment in time,
Hoping against weary hope
That there might be room for us all
To find the happiness of which we dream
Only to be handed a snapshot
Like the ones they offer you
After a thrilling ride, your
Body suspended in time
Like your emotions.

She does not wait -
And laughs as my heart
Atrophies, while put on hold
Turning silver, like a lucky charm
A delicate gift of such beauty
That I had never received before.
The rest of me will pass as well –
The glow of my youth spent
Roses in cheek turned ashen
Barren in body and soul
Deceived by the best intentions
Naive to think that history of such
Ill-founded albeit deeply-felt love
Repeats for all and everyone
But me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home