Friday, April 21, 2006

You.

I had a thought - but it doesn't matter;
Any thought that is not of you seems to be lost from memory.

I've had loves before,
But the echo of their passion is gone -
Anything beyond what is your love
Pales in comparison,
Was never so blinding
Or so true.

Our time's end is approaching;
Heated hours and
Endless kisses and
The drop in my stomache when both
You are here and when
You are away and when
I knew you would soon be leaving;

All I will hear is a maddening clank
Of a door that will not stay shut
The lock fastened against itself
As an old wind of what was lost
And what could have been
Blows it ajar,
Never allowing it peace
Like an old wound
That we learn to live with,
And embrace
As a friend.

2 Comments:

Blogger reverb said...

...organic stuff for my musical spirit...

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully sad, arouses memories of past loves.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home