Wednesday, August 25, 2004

For Bryan

Not sure what hurts more
Saying goodbye to you
Or saying goodbye to sweet night comfort
Warm embrace, cool sheets
Like peaches, sweet taste
A lumberjack man-child
You're going now, gone for good
Off to roam the wild country
In a van made of dreams and vagabond expectations

When you step outside and see the stars at night in Canada
Think of me and then tell me what you see
When you wake at early dawn and watch the first sun's light rise over Kansas City
Think of me and tell me what you see
When you wish you could share the world as you make it wherever you are
Remember my lighthouse
Whose door will always be open
To a kind man whose kisses
Were and are damn near all a woman could ever really need.

I will live vicariously
Packed in your bag
Alongside your artwork and slides,
My dreams to roam the world
With wild abandon
Not forgotton
Just, for a time, set aside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home