Saturday, November 13, 2004

Water on a Tile

There was pool of water from yesterday
Resting on the tiles of the backyard
And I watched the world ripple and blur and be still
With the meanderings of the wind,
The reflection clouds seeming so close
A world that I could step into and touch.

If only the world that I watched
Was like the world that I live,
Aspiratons as close as that sky seemed to me,
Fall's branches still clinging to the life left
A brilliant burst of color
As is sings its last breath
Cold and silent until the birth of spring calls again
For life to come out and play.

If I could, I would reach to you
And whisper a tale
Of a girl caught between reflections of what could be
And solidity of what is,
Her mind as fleeting
As the wind on the water of a pond
So small a body of water,
That she is the only one who knows
That it is there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home