Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's Like a Fist

Ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood. Go fuck yourself...you...WRITER. You LIAR. Go check a few facts while I get my hands dirty.
-- Closer by Patrick Marber

Exactly. I think I'm just going to shut up about love, about trying to be poetic about anything...it's all just a bunch of bullshit, and I'm just a hack.

Happiness, Rage, Fear, Sadness; I swim in these mediums like the way I once swam in the Blue Lagoon in Jamaica; salt water mixed with fresh water in currents that were cold and hot, wrapping alternately around your body like silk scarves with life in them.

Fuck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never call yourself a hack, never give up on love or become cold, for the feeling will come back and permeate through once again anyway.

And please....never, ever give up on the expression and the beauty of your words into poetry. You give so much and have yet to give much more.

As turbulent as the current is, life and love are both in the SWIMMING. Stand still in the waters too long and it becomes harder to move, as our feet sink deeper into the sand.

You will find your current....and the love you have wanted since you were a little girl will come with it.

Ok, now feel free to pick up any object you want and throw it at me....



M

5:41 PM  
Blogger Billychic said...

Thanks, M.
You rock.

Sometimes I think I write much better when I am ornery, though. LOL

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home