Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Inspiration from a Friend

Remember the time when
You pulled me into the back of the cab
Told the driver to drive until we told him to stop
Held my wrists in one hand
While your other found its way
To all the places it needed to go
Breath on a window, fogged pane
I could see the eyes of the driver staring into mine
You could not see him
He could not see you
I bit my lip until I drew blood
Trying to not cry out
You licked it away, my lip
Pulled my coat together
And told the driver to stop.

The tip was given
But not needed, a sight
For sore eyes had been fulfilled.

We stumbled out,
I was wet from the rain
And my legs were to weak to walk.
We made it to a brownstone
You pulled my shirt away as you pulled me close,
My lips teeth tongue on your chest,
And you took me, there on the cool wet red-brown rock
Our cries, my scream
Silent in the passing rain
Except to the passing cabs
Whose backseats still felt our impression,
A collective unconscious of heat and desire
And a few drops of evening dew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home